Municipal Council of People with Disabilities
Sectorial councils of citizen participation
An participatory committee is a group of members of an organization who meet periodically to make decisions about a specific area or scope of the organization.
Participatory committees hold meetings, some are private and some are open. If they are open, it is possible to participate in them (for example: attending if the capacity allows it, adding points to the agenda, or commenting on the proposals and decisions taken by this organ).
Examples: A general participatory committee (which meets once a year to define the organisation's main lines of action as well as its executive bodies by vote), an equality advisory council (which meets every two months to make proposals on how to improve gender relations in the organisation), an evaluation commission (which meets every month to monitor a process) or a guarantee body (which collects incidents, abuses or proposals to improve decision-making procedures) are all examples of participatory committees.
About this assembly
The Advisory Council of people with disabilities is a permanent body of sectoral participation of consultative nature, created in accordance with the provisions of articles 59 and 60 of Law 8/1987, of April 15, Municipal and Local Regime of Catalonia, with the aim of facilitating citizen participation in Municipal affairs in relation to those areas of public municipal activity that affect or refer to people with disabilities.
The Advisory Council of people with disabilities is aimed at citizen participation in questions related to the social problems of people with disabilities in Sant Feliu de Llobregat, specifically, with regard to those competences and functions that have a direct relationship or indirect with the improvement of the well-being and the quality of life of people with disabilities and their relatives.
- To stimulate the participation of the collectives of the people with disabilities and of the associations and organizations that represent them, fomenting the asociacionismo in this field offering the support and the opportune assistance.
- Promote the democratic participation of users and their representatives in the provision of municipal services aimed at people with disabilities
- Gather information, debate and disseminate information about topics that it considers to be of interest to people with disabilities, prioritizing issues related to integration and the improvement of the quality of life.
- Promote actions and activities aimed at the collective of people with disabilities.
- Promote dissemination and awareness raising actions to disseminate the needs of people with disabilities for their well-being, within the framework of the necessary citizen coexistence.
- To promote coordination between institutions that act in this field, whether public or private.
- Design strategies to improve the social integration of people with disabilities within the municipality.