A participatory process is a sequence of participatory activities (e.g. first filling out a survey, then making proposals, discussing them in face-to-face or virtual meetings, and finally prioritizing them) with the aim of defining and making a decision on a specific topic.
Examples of participatory processes are: a process of electing committee members (where candidatures are first presented, then debated and finally a candidacy is chosen), participatory budgets (where proposals are made, valued economically and voted on with the money available), a strategic planning process, the collaborative drafting of a regulation or norm, the design of an urban space or the production of a public policy plan.
We opened a participatory process to rethink the space of the leisure slopes of Can Calders and its surroundings, to improve it so that it becomes an intergenerational and intercultural meeting space in the neighbourhood, with a green, accessible, playful and community character.
From the result of the participatory process WE BUILD SANT FELIU, 21 actions are derived. 3 of these actions refer to the area of the leisure slopes of Can Calders, the intersection of Riera de la Salut, with Rambla Marquesa Castellbell and the car park that is located in this area. Within this context, it is proposed to carry out a participatory process on the uses of the leisure tracks of Can Calders and its surroundings.
- Rethink and redefine the uses and improvements in the space of the current Can Calders leisure trails and their surroundings to become a meeting place for the neighbourhood.
- Specify within this area the most voted improvement actions in the participatory process WE BUILD SANT FELIU.
- Report on the actions proposed for the Riera de la Salut / Marquesa de Castellbell crossing, the car park and the dog area.
- Generate a good participatory experience and foster community links between the neighborhood.
- Session 1. Presentation and diagnosis
- 2 Mobile Interaction Points (PIM)
- Session 2. Construction of proposals.
- Session 3. Return.