Municipal Health Council
Sectorial councils of citizen participation
An participatory committee is a group of members of an organization who meet periodically to make decisions about a specific area or scope of the organization.
Participatory committees hold meetings, some are private and some are open. If they are open, it is possible to participate in them (for example: attending if the capacity allows it, adding points to the agenda, or commenting on the proposals and decisions taken by this organ).
Examples: A general participatory committee (which meets once a year to define the organisation's main lines of action as well as its executive bodies by vote), an equality advisory council (which meets every two months to make proposals on how to improve gender relations in the organisation), an evaluation commission (which meets every month to monitor a process) or a guarantee body (which collects incidents, abuses or proposals to improve decision-making procedures) are all examples of participatory committees.
About this assembly
The Municipal Council of Health of Sant Feliu is a consultative body, created in accordance with the provisions of articles 59 and 60 of the Municipal Law and Local Government of Catalonia, with the intention of contributing to the channeling of the participation of all Health agents that intervene in our city and all the people involved in this topic.
The objectives of the Health Council are:
1- Promote the participation of all the health agents of the municipality
- Create spaces of expression and reflection that integrate the optical policies, techniques (scientists and professionals) and citizens to be able to have a strategic vision and a system of values that are consensual with the citizens, that can create a new health culture that fosters attitudes respective and dialogues.
- Create a collaboration forum (exchange information, mutual knowledge, promote shared work) of the different institutions and citizen entities, who specifically care about the health and health issues in the area of Sant Feliu de Llobregat.
- Understanding the health concerns and needs of the Santfelian society.
2- Advise and give elements for the validation of the programs carried out by the municipal administration.
- Participation in the definition of healthy policies and strategies to improve the determinants of health (social, environmental, economic work).
- Participate in the determination and prioritization of health problems that you need to know in greater depth.
- To enable the lines of action of the Department of Health of the City Council to be known and proven by the members of the Health Council.
- Provide criteria and assessments that must influence both the prioritization of health problems and resources aimed at resolving them and in the elaboration of other municipal programs that affect the improvement of the quality of life of the citizens.
3- Promote agreements between the City Council, entities and other institutions.
- Promote mutual knowledge and coordination between the City Council, entities and institutions that provide health services at the local or regional level.
The following are the functions of the Health Council:
- Discuss and evaluate the affairs that the City Council submits, especially the information, monitoring and evaluation of the different annual programs related to the health world.
- Discuss and evaluate the contributions that the members of the Board can present.
- Prepare proposals related to the field of health, with full capacity to be subject to debate in the Municipal Plenary.
- Provide improvements in the functioning of health services, and achieve a wider public participation in the area of health in the municipality.
- To establish the work commissions that it deems appropriate and request the necessary advice for the best performance of its functions.
The Municipal Health Council will consist of:
- Representatives of the City Council: As representatives of the City Council, the councilors or councilors who have delegated the functions related to the Social Health Area, the health minister delegate and a representative of each municipal political group with representation in the Plenary will be part of this Council of the City Council designated by the same group.
- A representative of each of the non-profit entities in the city that have among its statutory health objectives.
- A representative of all those entities that carry out, even if not as a primary objective, actions and programs in the field of health.
- A representative for each Basic Health Area that is in the municipality.
- A representative of the Mental Health Center Golden Pins.
- A representative of the Municipal Health Center.
- A representative of the public Hospital of reference
- Those who, for reasons of work, research and sensitivity, can contribute elements of work to the Council.
- A representative of the neighborhood associations of the city
- A technician of the Health Program of the City Council.
- A secretary with voice and no vote.
- Director of the area with voice and no vote.
- The Health Council will meet on an ordinary basis at least three times a year and with extraordinary nature when designating the Presidency or at the request of the majority of its members.
- The Council Plenary is validly constituted with the assistance of one-third of its legal number of members.
- If work commissions are made to study a particular subject or organize a specific activity, the meeting schedule will be determined by its members in accordance with the deadlines set by the Council Plenary.
- The sessions of the Plenary will be able to attend other people who by their specific knowledge or by the interest in the subject to treat it considers advisable, whenever the President authorizes.
- The minutes of the meetings of the Health Council will be sent in a maximum period of 15 days not only to the members of the Board, but also to all the entities that represent.
- The representatives of each of the entities and institutions designated to be part of the Health Council may delegate their functions to another person of the same institution or institution if they can not attend the calls made.