Municipal Council of Culture
Sectorial councils of citizen participation
An participatory committee is a group of members of an organization who meet periodically to make decisions about a specific area or scope of the organization.
Participatory committees hold meetings, some are private and some are open. If they are open, it is possible to participate in them (for example: attending if the capacity allows it, adding points to the agenda, or commenting on the proposals and decisions taken by this organ).
Examples: A general participatory committee (which meets once a year to define the organisation's main lines of action as well as its executive bodies by vote), an equality advisory council (which meets every two months to make proposals on how to improve gender relations in the organisation), an evaluation commission (which meets every month to monitor a process) or a guarantee body (which collects incidents, abuses or proposals to improve decision-making procedures) are all examples of participatory committees.
About this assembly
The Municipal Council of Culture of Sant Feliu is a consultative body, created in 1998 in accordance with the provisions of articles 59 and 60 of the Municipal Law and Local Government of Catalonia, with the intention of contributing to the channeling of the participation of Citizenship and all sectors linked to local cultural associationism in the cultural affairs of the city.
The objectives of the Council of Culture are:
- Maintain a space for study, debate and information on cultural aspects with the presence of the municipal Administration, the group of cultural organizations based in the city and the interested citizens.
- Make it possible for the lines of cultural action of the City Council of Sant Feliu de Llobregat to consult and advise the sectors involved.
- Awareness of the importance of the participation of citizens and cultural entities in municipal cultural planning and management.
- To foster and channel collaboration between the cultural entities of the city.
The functions of the Council of Culture are as follows:
- Discuss and evaluate the affairs that the City Council submits, especially the information, monitoring and evaluation of the different annual programs related to the cultural world.
- Discuss and evaluate the contributions that the members of the Board can present.
- Draw up proposals related to the cultural field, with full capacity for them to be debated in the Municipal Plenary.
- Propose improvements in the functioning of cultural services, and achieve wider participation of citizens in the social and cultural life of the municipality.
- Establish the work commissions that it considers appropriate and request the necessary advice for the best performance of its functions.
The Municipal Council of Culture will be composed by:
- Representatives of the City Council. As representatives of the City Council, this council will be part of the councilors who have delegated functions within the area of the People's Attention Area, and a representative of each municipal political group with representation in the Plenary of the 'City council, designated by the same group.
- A representative of each of the cultural entities that request it.
- A City Council culture technician
- A secretary with voice and no vote.